Hours: 20 hours per week
Schedule: Monday through Thursday and Saturday
Work Location: 1294 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133
Good Samaritan is an innovative multi-service non-profit agency located in San Francisco’s Mission District. Its mission is to help immigrant families access needed services, develop self sufficiency, and participate fully as members of the community. Our staff is a diverse and talented team willing to take different and unique approaches to help children, youth and families thrive and succeed.
The part-time toddler teacher position is responsible for creating a safe and educational environment utilizing developmentally appropriate practices for children ages 2-4 years old served in the Kids’ Club, a toddler enrichment program that serves primarily monolingual Spanish speaking families.
- Stimulate emotional and social growth of children by helping facilitate age appropriate activities
- Help maintain a quality curriculum that meets the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of each child
- Assume responsibility for the safety, well-being and adequate supervision of the children at all times
- Report all injuries incurred by children or staff, transmitting the proper written forms
- Comply with the legal standards for mandated reporting
- Conduct on-going written observations of children
- Maintain a positive attitude and be able to work as a team with parents, teachers and other agency staff
- 6 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units. Fluency in Spanish
- First Aid and CPR required
- TB Test & Fingerprint clearance required
Performance Strengths Required:
- Demonstrate respect for cultural and ethnic diversity of children and families in the program
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Punctual, dependable, patient, enthusiastic, flexible and responsive to the needs of the program
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
Submit your information below.
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1294 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110
P (415) 401-4253
F (415) 824-9527
No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for may, however, be considered.