Our Child Development Center (CDC) upholds the philosophy that quality childhood education encompasses the whole child. This includes social, emotional, physical, cognitive, linguistic, and creative development. Believing that children exist within the social and cultural worlds of home and community, Good Samaritan recognizes and builds upon the experiences that each child brings to the classroom. This includes creating a learning environment that focuses on retaining and embracing home language and culture, while concurrently encouraging children to learn English.
We are seeking a teacher to supervise and create a safe and educational environment for children ages 3 to 5 served in the CDC. The lead teacher will maintain schedules to include creative activities, prepare materials that are used in and out of the classroom and provide healthy food for the children. Complete evaluations in the four developmental areas for children. Work directly with Master Teacher and Associate Teachers.
- Credentialed teacher of the State of California
- 24 Units of Child Development
- BA/BS preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Working knowledge of early childhood development issues
- Ability to plan successful, educational activities
- Computer experience
- Familiar with reporting procedures for child and adult protective services
- Familiar with community care licensing policies and regulations
- Self-motivated, flexible, problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well with children, parents, staff and volunteers
- State certified in First Aid and Infant/Child CPR
- Must pass physical, TB test and background check
- Respect and value the ethnic and cultural diversity of clients and staff
- Respectful, welcoming, confidential, sensitive to immigrant issues
Hourly Rate: $22.50 per hour PLUS SIGN-ON BONUS
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week Monday — Friday. This is a regular full-time non-exempt union position.
We offer a competitive benefit package:
- Medical, dental, life insurance, supplemental short term disability, 401(k) Plan and commuter transit program
- 11 Paid holidays per year
- 2 Floating holidays per year
- 12 Paid sick days per year
WE ARE A MODEL CENTER!
The Early Childhood Educator Success Fund is a program open through the San Francisco State University’s EDvance pathway to encourage PATH alumni who graduated in 2014, 2015 & 2016 to maintain employment or become employed in the San Francisco Model Center. You can apply to receive up to $15,000! APPLY TODAY!
Submit your information below.
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1294 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110
P (415) 401-4253
F (415) 824-9527
No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for may, however, be considered.