Classification: Regular part-time, hourly
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week
Benefits: Sick and Vacation
Under the direction of the Director Child Development Center this position supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a clean, caring and safe environment for the children. The individual must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. The Aide is responsible for food and meal preparation, floor mat preparation, and custodial duties of the classroom.
- Daily food preparation for snack and lunches.
- General cleanup and dishwashing.
- Assist in maintaining the environment in a clean, safe manner.
- Daily lay out floor mats and sheets for nap time.
- Assist with availability of classroom materials.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Responsible for preparing laundry for laundry pick-up service and stocking.
- May have custodial duties such as cleaning classroom/bathroom, stocking paper goods, etc.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- Sanitation of toys/mats and other equipment/materials when needed.
- Coverage of teachers breaks as needed when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience.
- Must clear full background check (Department of Justice, FBI, Child Abuse Index).
- Must have TB clearance, health screening, and valid immunization records including influenza vaccination.
- Ability to work well with others. Excellent verbal skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds chest high
- Ability to stand and walk, reach, bend, stoop, move arms and hands
Submit your information below.
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1294 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110
P (415) 401-4253
F (415) 824-9527
No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for may, however, be considered.