Reports To: Services Coordination Manager
Classification: Exempt, Regular full-time
Compensation: Competitive DOE + Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401kPlan with employer annual contribution, generous PTO)
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Work Location: Bernal Dwellings
Good Samaritan is an innovative multi-service non-profit agency located in San Francisco’s Mission District. Its mission is to help immigrant families access needed services, develop self-sufficiency, and participate fully as members of the community. Our staff is a diverse and talented team willing to take different and unique approaches to help children, youth and families thrive and succeed.
This position will provide direct, comprehensive services to residents of public housing sites that have or will transfer to private management, undergoing renovation through the Rental Assistance Demonstration Program (“RAD”). The housing and offices are located in the Mission and Bayview Hunters Point areas of San Francisco. The overarching goal of the position is to help establish goals and strategies with residents that lead to their greater stability, well-being, and self-sufficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform extensive outreach to all residents so as to inform them and encourage participation in planning and implementation of programs, activities; apprise residents of informational meetings, and help share important information with them regarding the RAD program, its timeline and process.
- Conduct resident intakes and assess resident’s needs and connect as appropriate to case management services to establish individualized service plans; connect residents with on-site and off-site resources that aid their day-to-day living experiences to encourage personal development.
- Provide residents with linkage to case management resources to help them: enroll children in school and/or child care; access employment development, job training and placement; and psychological counseling, recovery counseling, health services, etc., as needed. Act as a liaison between the RAD program, other service providers and residents as needed. Track all referrals to case management and coordinate with providers to document resident’s outcomes in service connections.
- Conduct regular monthly community meetings. Seek and coordinate with community providers to present weekly workshops or engagement activities that support residential interests and needs, including but not limited to life skills workshops and sobriety groups.
- Maintain resident files, sign-in sheets, including various monthly reports; assist in data entry regarding resident demographics, goals services, activities and outcomes in coordination with case management and community providers.
- Participate in continuing meetings with the SF Mayor’s Office on Housing and Community Development, and other local, and government partners.
- Evaluate resident’s community participation and strategize on how to maximize full community engagement.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings, monthly all-staff meetings, bi-monthly supportive services staff meetings in various locations, case management meetings as appropriate, and in service programs that provide additional training.
- Provide information and recommendations to the Lead Agency and Resident Engagement regarding program evaluation and modification to better meet resident’s needs, community needs, funding requirements and agency mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Services Coordination Manager.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the human services, social work, or related field and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with low income families.
- Experience with service coordination in the Bayview Hunters Point, San Francisco area, or another area with similar demographics.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish, (bicultural preferred.)
- Ability to maintain accurate client files and impeccable documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English & Spanish.
- Strong organizational, detail oriented, and time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively as an individual and part of the team (this position’s supervisor is off site, requiring weekly supervision meetings.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems.
- Reliable transportation required proof of current and valid CA insurance and a clean DMV record.
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop or crouch, kneel, lift or climb, reach with hands and arms, pull or push, or carry. Continuously required to see, talk and hear. Occasionally required to lift less than 40 pounds. Finger dexterity and hand coordination required.
Submit your information below.
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We conform to all the laws, statues, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon meeting the above minimum qualification and verification of previous employment and education.