|Hours Per Week:||30|
|Work Location:||Mission District|
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center (GSFRC) is an innovative multi-service non-profit agency located in San Francisco’s Mission District. Its mission is to help immigrant families access needed services, develop self-sufficiency, and participate fully as members of the community. Our staff is a diverse and talented team willing to take different and unique approaches to help children, youth and families thrive and succeed.
We are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant. In this role, you’ll work alongside our experienced Controller and other members of the Administrative Team. The Staff Accountant performs various professional accounting duties including maintenance and analysis of accounting records; preparation of accounting reports; prepares journal entries and reconciles ledger accounts; ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), procedures and contracts. This position works to ensure all accounting transactions are accounted for timely and accurately. In addition, this position assists with regular payroll processing and performs other duties or works on special projects to meet departmental objectives. A successful Staff Accountant should be a self-starter, familiar with all accounting procedures and will ultimately ensure that Good Samaritan’s accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
About the Job
The Staff Accountant report to and work closely with the Controller. Duties include:
- Monthly reconciliation of bank, credit card and other accounts
- Month-End Close: Ensure daily, and monthly processes are completed and lead to a timely and accurate month-end close
- Prepare clear, concise and complete financial reports and statements as needed/requested
- Support staff in understanding and complying with policies and procedures
- Complete any administrative tasks necessary in order to accomplish tasks
- Coordinate coding and proper documentation with all departments
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Assisting with audit preparation
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Completing special projects related to account for all department as needed
- Process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures including preparing deposits and enter transactions in our accounting software
- Work with the Development department to ensure revenue data between Finance and Development records agree.
- Organize, maintain, and archive files timely as assigned for the Finance department
- Timely data entry of credit card and petty cash transactions
- Prepare and invoice Government contracts
- Other tasks as required by the Controller
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and G-Suite.
- Experience with Enterprise Level Accounting Software
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple duties simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks as needed. The individual will work closely with the Controller and other accounting personnel