Reports To: Sr. Director Family Services
Classification: Regular full-time, Exempt
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Location: Bayview Hunters Point
This position is responsible for the outreach, planning, coordination and implementation of a variety of familyservices for families with children 0-8 years old on behalf of Good Samaritan FRC within the El Centro Bayview Collaborative. This position will serve in the newly formed Family Resource Center in the Bayview Hunter’s Point neighborhood.
Coordination, Planning and Implementation
- Working closely with the Sr. Director Family Services, to plan and implement strategies for outreach and coordination of services with collaborative partners.
- Represent Good Samaritan as a service partner in the new El Centro Bayview Family Resource Center Collaborative
- Facilitate parent and/or child groups as scheduled, and act as a substitute for other staff/contractors as needed in programs and childwatch.
- Facilitate and/or Co-Facilitate parent and/or child groups, workshops as scheduled.
- Ensure activities and interventions are aligned with evidence-based practices, are culturally relevant, acknowledge and value families’ strengths, engage multiple family members, and are responsive to the multiple aspects of the diversity of the families served.
- Work with Family Advocate and partner service providers to ensure appropriate referrals and communicate about shared participants.
- Work closely with Lead Agency coordinator to implement and maintain outreach strategies, strategic partnerships, presentations to partners and the community as well as strategic planning in the growth of the collaborative.
- Ensure site-specific needs are met including drop in services.
- Ensure evaluation results and participant feedback are analyzed and shared with staff, and that appropriate modifications are made to the program as a result of the staff reflective learning.
- Maintain and submit required attendance records, reports and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate actively in regular city-wide parenting education meetings and training.
- Maintain communication and collaboration with Bayview FRC Lead Agency and partners.
- Assist team to identify and prioritize appropriate service strategies and curriculums for families.
- Facilitate or support other group-based activities.
- Fulfill monthly reporting and meeting participation requirements for funders and collaborative partners
- Attend team, mental health consultation, partner and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Conduct community and family outreach with the support of partners and FRC staff
- Ensure that programs and services are aligned with Good Sam’s Mission and Vision.
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Director Family Services.
- Masters in Social Work, Child or Family Development, or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required (in reading, writing, and speaking); bicultural preferred
- Proven experience and success in group facilitation of curriculum based parenting classes.
- Proven program coordination skills.
- Understanding of principles, methods and approaches in Family Support and Parenting Education.
- Knowledge of ages and stages in infant, toddler, child and adolescent development.
- Training in the areas of mental health, brain development and identifying special needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy (familiarity with data base reporting).
- Knowledge of Family Resource Centers and Support programs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Respectful, welcoming, self-motivated, confidential, flexible, and sensitive to Latino/immigrant issues.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a fingerprint and TB clearance.
- Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop or crouch, kneel, lift or climb, reach with hands and arms, pull or push, or carry. Continuously required to see, talk or hear. Occasionally required to lift light less than 40 pounds. Finger dexterity and hand coordination required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by submitting your resume to “email@example.com” or you may visit our website at www.goodsamfrc.org.
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Employment is contingent upon meeting the above minimum qualification and verification of previous employment and education.