Classification: Non-Exempt, Regular Part-Time, Union position
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week
Location: Bayview Hunters Point
Good Samaritan is an innovative multi-service non-profit agency located in San Francisco’s Mission District. Its mission is to help immigrant families access needed services, develop self-sufficiency, and participate fully as members of the community. Our staff is a diverse and talented team willing to take different and unique approaches to help children, youth and families thrive and succeed.
The part-time toddler teacher position is responsible for creating a safe and educational environment utilizing developmentally appropriate practices for children served at our Bayview Satellite Site, implementing a toddler enrichment program through child watch that serves primarily monolingual Spanish speaking families.
- Stimulate emotional and social growth of children by helping facilitate age appropriate activities
- Assisting Facilitator in Parent-Child Interactive group(s)
- Help maintain a quality curriculum that meets the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of each child
- Conduct ASQs Assessments for children as needed
- Assume responsibility for the safety, well-being and adequate supervision of the children at all times
- Report all injuries incurred by children or staff, transmitting the proper written forms
- Comply with the legal standards for mandated reporting
- Maintain a positive attitude and be able to work as a team with parents and other agency staff
- Minimum 6 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units. Fluency in Spanish
- First Aid and CPR required
- TB Test & Fingerprint clearance required
Performance Strengths Required:
- Demonstrate respect for cultural and ethnic diversity of children and families in the program
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Punctual, dependable, patient, enthusiastic, flexible and responsive to the needs of the program
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jobs@goodsamfrc.org
Good Samaritan Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer